Monday, May 3, 2010

Choose a Skirt

Well, it was push and pull and zipper-breaking comes to shove.  I had to put down the fork... and the spoon... and the immersion blender... and the mandoline... and quit stuffing my face.

I've been portion-controlled and cheese-deprived for FIVE DAYS now.  I know that doesn't sound like all that much, but I feel like a tweaking crack whore.  I actually don't have much frame of reference on what that feels like, but if it's like watching your husband woefully as he eats a whole Dairy Queen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard or feeling your heartbreak when you've reached the end of the zero-calorie cup of Jell-O, well... I feel ya, sista.

Not that I'm saying the blog is gone.  Oh no.  If anything, thinking and writing about food is even better, like a heightened and illicit sixth sense.  I've just been finishing up my school submissions, and my blogging and cooking has taken a woeful backseat.  But I've got a great menu ready for this week, so stay tuned for more.

And if you're in the mood for leftovers, swing by.  My refrigerator is getting overrun with tinfoil goblins and tupperware caves as I've been trying to give up "just finishing off that chicken/sandwich/three-quarters-full-lasagna pan". 

1 comment:

  1. I know what you're going through. I'm doing the same thing myself. The worst part is no cheese :(

    ReplyDelete